Ground source heat pumps, or GSHPs, offer a renewable and smarter way of heating a building. Here at Finbra, we are experienced and trained to supply, fit and service ground source heat pumps for domestic homes and commercial buildings. Our team is committed to assisting the local community with greener heating options. It is generally agreed that we need to explore alternative ways of heating our homes and businesses. If you’re looking for a ground source heat pump in the Suffolk Coastal, Woolbridge, Ipswich, or surrounding areas, contact Finbra smart plumbing today.
One of the ways of heating buildings responsibly is to install a ground source heat pump. These are tried and trusted methods of central heating. Hot water can also be supplied using this method too. It works by extracting the heat found in the ground. The temperature of the soil stays fairly consistent underneath the ground, even in the UK. By burying pipes in the garden and running a mix of water and anti-freeze through these pipes, heat is absorbed into the liquid. This liquid is then passed through the heat exchanger, into the heat pump.
What is A Ground Source Heat Pump?
Ground source heat pumps work by extracting heat found in the ground. The temperature of the soil stays fairly consistent underground, even in the UK. Burying pipes in the garden and running a mixture of water and anti-freeze through them means that heat can be absorbed into the liquid. The heat from the ground is absorbed into the fluid and then passes through a heat exchanger into the heat pump. The length of the ground loop depends on the size of your home and the amount of heat you need.
Ground Source Heat Pump Benefits
Ground source heat pumps can be installed where mains gas is not available. This removes the need for fuel deliveries, such as oil. There could be a considerable saving in energy costs with this style of heating. There is also the potential for an income from the Renewable Heat Incentive. If you are striving to reduce your carbon footprint, then using a ground source heat pump will make a huge difference. The energy used to heat your home is greener and more planet-friendly.
Here is a breakdown of Ground Source Heat Pump benefits:
- Because heat pumps can be fully automated they demand much less work than biomass boilers.
- Heat pumps save space. There are no fuel storage requirements.
- No need to manage fuel deliveries.
- GSHPs require less maintenance than combustion-based heating systems. They also have a longer life than combustion boilers. The ground heat exchanger element of a ground source heat pump installation has a design life of over 100 years.
- No risk of Fuel being stolen.
- Heat pumps save carbon emissions. Unlike burning oil, gas, LPG, or biomass, a heat pump produces no carbon emissions on site (and no carbon emissions at all, if a renewable source of electricity is used to power them).
- Ground source heat pumps are the only renewable energy technology that can benefit from the thermal energy storage properties of the ground to recycle heat from summer to winter.
- A well-designed ground source heat pump system is likely to increase the sale value of your property.
- Heat pumps are safe. There is no combustion involved and no emission of potentially dangerous gases. No flues are required.
Is A Ground Source Heat Pump Right For Me?
When we survey your property to make sure a ground source pump is a right renewable for you, we will look at the size of your garden or land. The bigger the area that pipes can be installed into the better. This is because longer ground loops of piping can be laid under the soil. But if there is only a small amount of garden, we can sometimes install vertical pipes.
To fully understand what can be fitted, give us a call and we will investigate the options for you. Our team of professional engineers will let you know what renewable heating is right for you and the costs of the work involved. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and excellent reviews.